Monday, March 30, 2009

Businessman

Not many of my friends here in the states know where I was before I came here in 2002. I was teaching in the Philippines at Mindanao State University - General Santos from 1997-2002. Aside from teaching, there were a few things that I did when I was there and I didn't realize that I was good at it. I was a businessman selling bromeliads in General Santos. There was really no hard work to it, basically, I go home and buy my mom's and her friend's bromeliads, transport, do some advertising then do a 60-70% mark-up on my mom's price then sell it and eventually profit. I earned a lot of money on my first week and started the bromeliad craze in General Santos. Here's a sample of a bromeliad from our house in NY, its not as colorful compared to what I sold, we manage to keep a few ones indoor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home